My Musings

Monday, January 7, 2008

My Faith is My Life!

I love the fact that this man can so boldly embrace his faith. I am tired of politicians who try to hide who they are religiously in order to gain a political seat. If a man's faith does not influence his decisions, either his faith means nothing to him or he is a liar. I cannot separate my faith in Christ from the rest of my life and I do not want to elect a man who does.

Hey friends, if you don't like Gov. Huckabee or if you espouse another candidate, make it known. Let this be a forum for civil debate. Keyword..."Civil." I want to hear and learn and grow in my understanding. Help me do that by letting me know of your differing opinions. Thanks in advance!

"The First Amendment requires that expressions of faith be neither prohibited nor preferred. We should not banish religion from the public square, but should guarantee access to all voices and views. We should share and debate our faith, but never seek to impose it. When discussing faith and politics, we should honor the "candid" in candidate - I have much more respect for an honest atheist than a disingenuous believer.

"My faith is my life - it defines me. My faith doesn't influence my decisions, it drives them. For example, when it comes to the environment, I believe in being a good steward of the earth. I don't separate my faith from my personal and professional lives.

"Real faith makes us humble and mindful, not of the faults of others, but of our own. It makes us less judgmental, as we see others with the same frailties we have. Faith gives us strength in the face of injustice and motivates us to do our best for "the least of us."

"Our nation was birthed in a spirit of faith - not a prescriptive one telling us whether to believe, but one acknowledging that a providence pervades our world."

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • I tend to agree with you here, Nick. However, I did hear an interesting statement by a caller on a conservative radio talk show. She pointed out that our current president made much of his faith, but has been in many ways a disappointing president. What do you think?

    By Blogger Pastor Delhotal, At 2:43 PM  

  • I once heard a sermon about the second coming of Christ. During that sermon the preacher stated that Christ could return that very day. Later that day, Christ never returned. That didn't mean that I stopped believing that it could happen. I still believe to this day that it could happen today.

    In the past, I have heard presidential candidates talk 'a good game' and then, as you say (not me), become a 'disappointing president.' Just because that happened in the past doesn't mean that I stopped believing that we could have a really good president.

    I would hate to automatically disbelieve this man because of the errors of another man.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 5:29 PM  

  • I feel the same way about Huckabee. I will believe he will be all he says he will be until proven otherwise. I have read something recently that made me wonder about him. But I'm going to continue to research him as will my husband and we'll see what is revealed.

    By Blogger Sis. Julie, At 7:16 PM  

  • Sister Julie,

    What did you read that made you question him? I really want to know all that I can about the candidates.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 7:59 PM  

  • I just want to add something in response of the first comment on this post. That lady, whoever she is (probably a lib!), can have her opinion all she wants. But when it comes to the issue of the president's faith, where has he disappointed? Name for me three things that the president has done that has pricked against his claim to Christianity.

    Has he made mistakes? Yes
    Has he been disappointing in some regards? Yes
    But has he stood for his faith? Absolutely!!!

    In this particular arena, President George W. Bush has come out the champion!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home