My Musings

Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Watchman Awards

First and foremost, I am very pleased to announce that I have updated and enhanced the theme of this website, The Baptist Muse. I am very excited to be able to express throughout my website the patriotism that I feel. Please leave me some feedback if you see anything that doesn't seem right. Thanks.

Also, I was very excited to see this week that Gov. Mike Huckabee won the primary elections in Iowa. In my mind, this is a giant step in his campaign for the white house. I hope and pray that he continues to see positive results in his efforts.

This week also marked the first week that we had a winner for our "Free Book Give Away" segment. The winner was Kristina of Kristina's Keepsakes all the way down in Georgia. Her prize was the book "The Greatest Generation" by Tom Brokaw. Congratulation, Kristina. If you are not familiar with the contest, click here and be sure to get involved. This week's book is "How to Pray: The Best of John Wesley on Prayer" by John Wesley. Its easy and free to win so check it out.

This week, I also published a website for Prairie Baptist Church in Scotts, MI. I also added several new resources in the resources section of The Baptist Muse. These include a site dedicated to freeing Kent Hovind, The Fellowship Tract League, Faith Baptist Camp, and the Church Bus News. Find out more about these by clicking the resources link at the top of the page.

Now, without further ado, allow me to present this week's Watchman Awards.

1. Strings Attached by Dave Mallinak at Sharper Irony

"My father died when I was five. A few years later, my mother met a man, and after a brief courtship (which, as I recall, consisted mostly of their painting a picket fence in front of my house), they married. That year for Christmas..."

2. The Way of Approval by Pastor Kent Brandenburg at What Is Truth?

"Where we look for approval will decide what we believe and practice. We see this through Hebrews 11. Faith is how we get a "good report" from God. Faith pleases God (Heb. 11:6). But we have to make that choice: do we want to please God or man"

3. The Cloud of Witnesses by Gordy at A Voice Crying in the Wilderness

"This verse comes on the heals of Hebrews 11, the Hall of Faith and Works, where many saints from the Old Testament are listed and we are told about their great faith, the works their faith produced, and the good report they obtained."

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Excellent choices this week. I thoroughly enjoyed Pastor M's post when it appeared at JackHammer. I haven't been reading Pastor B's blog consistently, so I am appreciative of your pointing out his best.

    By Blogger Pastor Delhotal, At 3:46 PM  

  • Good. I am glad to see your increased interest around here and I am glad that I was able to be a blessing to you.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home