My Musings

Monday, December 31, 2007

Preserving Traditional Marriage

I have continued to be highly impressed with the stand that Gov. Mike Huckabee has taken against the promotion of homosexuality and homosexual rights. I am excited to see a candidate who does not waver or waffle on this issue.

In the second video clip you will see below, he is asked if he will accept the support of the log cabin republicans, or republicans that stand for homosexual rights. He doesn't even have to think about the answer. He pounces on it like a cat on a mouse and turns it into a positive stand for right!

I continue to find myself hopeful that we might actually have the possibility of an honest, Christian leader standing for the Christian principles that our nation was founded on as our next president.





"I support and have always supported passage of a federal constitutional amendment that defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman. As President, I will fight for passage of this amendment. My personal belief is that marriage is between one man and one woman, for life.

"No other candidate has supported traditional marriage more consistently and steadfastly than I have. While Massachusetts was allowing homosexuals to marry, I got a constitutional amendment passed in Arkansas in 2002 defining marriage as between one man and one woman. I got Arkansas to become only the third state to adopt "covenant" marriage. My wife Janet and I upgraded our vows on Valentine's Day, 2005. Today, many churches in Arkansas will perform only covenant marriages, so I'm hoping we'll see a decline in our divorce rates."

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • The Site Is Looking Good.
    Lord Bless...

    By Blogger Christopher Cline, At 10:42 PM  

  • Thanks Chris.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 9:37 PM  

  • I heard Gov. Huckabee on the Shawn Hannity Show last night and was very impressed. Mr. Hannity did not seem to be an avid supporter and posed some tough questions relating to the border issue. I felt that Huckabee definitely knew his stuff and answered very well. I can't say that I have decided for whom I will vote, but I'm leaning Huckabee. I did hear some criticism that he may not be as strong on national defense as Giuliani. Any word from Nick?

    By Blogger Pastor Delhotal, At 1:58 PM  

  • There was a CNN/Youtube debate published a while back concerning the border issue in which Giuliani and Huckabee kind of went back and forth.

    However, on the national defense issue...

    Muke Huckabee has a couple of pages dedicated to explaining his position over at MikeHuckabee.com.

    Specifically check out these two pages.

    National Security/Foreign Policy: Iraq

    National Security/Foreign Policy: War On Terror

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 2:27 PM  

  • Thanks for the links, very helpful.

    By Blogger Pastor Delhotal, At 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home