My Musings

Friday, December 28, 2007

The Week In Review

I had a fantastic Christmas this week! On Christmas eve, my wife and I were invited to my former squad leader's house for some snacks and board games. We had loads of fun. We played a series of games in which we witted the guys against the gals. We played 'Scene It: Squabble,' 'Battle of the Sexes,' and 'Cranium.' The guys, of course, won two out of three of the games that we played that night. I also filled up on pizza bites, tacquitos, and mini egg rolls. Not very Christmassy, but very tasty!

On Christmas day, we were back at it again. This time, however, it was a nice couple from our church that had invited us over for Christmas. There were three couples total and again we played board games. This time, however, we played Taboo, which turned into a complete riot. We were all laughing so hard.

They also provided an awesome meal for us. We had turkey, ham, potatoes, green bean casserole I ate like a king. It was a great Christmas meal.

My wife and I cheated, however, when it came to opening presents. We tore into our gifts not on Christmas or even Christmas Eve. We opened our presents on Saturday night. We had a lot of fun, though. My wife got some scrap booking supplies and I got a new sweater. We both got new pajamas...mine are superman! I'm wearing my new Christmas sweater in the picture above.

On Wednesday and Thursday, I was really surprised. I went into work at my usual time of 5:45 AM only to be released from work between 9:00 Am and 10:00 AM both days. They basically gave me both days off.

So on Wednesday, my wife and I went out on a date. We headed out to Ruby Tuesday and had another huge meal. I took down a whole rack of barbecue ribs. I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it. I am going to be fat and out of shape by the time I really have to go back to work. We also went shoe shopping and bought some more Scrap Booking supplies.

Today, I will be participating in either two or three funerals in Arlington National Cemetery. I love having the privilege to do what I do and to honor the men who I am able to honor. I thank God for all that he is doing in my life. Pray for me as I go my way. God bless you!

P.S. I just added a new feature over at the resources section of The Baptist Muse. You can now rate each resource on a scale of one to five. Be sure to swing over there and try it out. Also, be sure to leave me some comments or email me to let me know of any resources that I can add to the site. I don't have a whole lot on there yet and I want to continue growing it. Thanks in advance and have fun!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home