My Musings

Friday, December 28, 2007

Important Prayer Request

I just received the following email from my former pastor at Clays Mill Road Baptist Church in Lexington, KY. I say former because I have moved to the Washington DC area and am now a member of a church in this area. Anyways, his wife has suffered a major accident and is in need of much prayer. It would mean a lot to me personally, and I know that it would mean a lot to him if you would pray for her. Thank you in advance and God bless you!
I am writing to tell you about an accident my wife had on this past Thursday evening in the kitchen at our house and to ask you to pray for her. Michelle had prepared supper and had boiled some tea for iced tea. She turned with a glass pitcher in her hands and it broke spilling the hot tea of her foot. When the tea hit her foot she jumped back and when she did her foot slipped and she fell, with her right arm and wrist first, on the broken pitcher. We knew immediately from the amount of blood that she was severely cut.

I held the artery in her right arm tight and got into the back of our vehicle with Joel driving toward the hospital. We called 911 and an ambulance met us on Clays Mill Road and transported her on to UK hospital. I rushed back home got the kids settled for a minute and then rushed back to the ER.

She ended up in surgery starting a little after midnight and the surgery lasted for almost five hours as she had cut all eight tendons going to her four fingers in her wrist and then had cut six of them again with cuts to the three fingers. She also lacerated her artery as well as several nerves. The hand surgeon said he was able to re-attach each of the nerves, tendons and arteries. She got into recovery about 5am and then to a room about 1PM today.

She was released from the hospital and sent home about 5pm this evening (12/28) and is here at home resting now.

The doctors say she will have several months of therapy and work to restore the use and feeling in her fingers again. Of course, we are concerned about her hand because of her ability to play the piano and teach piano lessons. The doctors say only time and therapy will tell. This is where we ask that you pray that she will be able to have the movement and felling restored to her fingers.

We have received many notes and emails from folks who have heard about this incident and we are grateful for your prayers, your friendship and love.


Preacher and Michelle

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • We will certainly be praying for this dear sister even tho we have never met her, or you!

    By Blogger Rita Loca, At 9:24 PM  

  • Thank you very much. All prayers are greatly appreciated.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 9:33 PM  

  • Wow!! This is horrible news. Bless her heart. I will be praying for her. I pray all goes well with the recovery and the therapy.

    By Blogger Sis. Julie, At 10:13 PM  

  • I just received the forwarded email from a good friend of mine who lives back in Lexington. When I got it I was really shocked. I thought that it would be really nice to ask everyone to pray for her and already I've got a couple of responses from you guys letting me know that you will be praying.

    I greatly appreciate any prayers said on her behalf. She certainly needs it. Their family certainly needs grace right now.

    God bless you and thank you.

    Nick

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home