My Musings

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Prayer Request Update: Mrs. Fugate

I recently received and posted an email informing me that my former pastor's wife had experienced a tragic accident resulting in her arm being drastically cut and gouged. She is a wonderful lady who has played the piano for Clays Mill Road Baptist Church for many years. The following is a follow-up email that I just received written by Pastor Jeffery Fugate, her husband. Thank you for your continued prayers.

First of all thank you so much for your prayers and words of encouragement. These last few days have been a little more difficult than we expected.

There is not an unbearable pain but somewhat of a constant pain that has required pain medicine since we have been home from the hospital. She cannot use her hand or arm at all which makes things difficult in caring for the baby, etc. She can read emails but cannot type responses. It has been a roller coaster emotionally. Thinking about what happened and the severity of wound is in our minds and though we try to forget it is hard to forget.

We go to the Hand Surgeon at 8:45 AM on this Friday to see what he has to say after looking at the condition of the hand and the result of the surgery. This is a little unnerving.

There is a spiritual battle with the devil working to make you think the worst and then of course the simple trusting in the Lord is not so simple. When you have played the piano in church for 30 years and the doctors tell you it will be difficult to do again the devil uses this to discourage you. Of course, our Lord is faithful and is good to us - we rejoice in His goodness and love Him with all our hearts. Our service is not for self but for Him.

My mom and her mom and dad have been helping us each day with house chores and caring for the baby, etc. They have been such a blessing.

I have spent quite a bit of time at home and have enjoyed time with family.

Folks have brought us plenty of food each day and we are very thankful for that. You folks are just the best for sure!

Will let you know with an update after the doctors visit on this Friday.

Preacher

8 Comments:

  • We will be praying for her!

    By Blogger Kristina, At 12:00 PM  

  • Thanks

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 5:15 PM  

  • As will we.
    Lord Bless...

    By Blogger Christopher Cline, At 5:36 PM  

  • I've been praying today and came by for an update hoping you had posted something. I'll check back tomorrow! Please let us know what you find out.

    By Blogger Sis. Julie, At 9:06 PM  

  • I like your new theme for the website. Very Patriotic.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:19 AM  

  • Thank you. I was up most of last night trying to get it done. If you would have checked out the site last night between eight and one in the morning you would have seen a weird blend between the old theme and this one. Thanks.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 12:22 PM  

  • I did check the site between those times, and I noticed the clash of themes! LOL

    That is when I made the very bold and obvious statement to my mom "I think he's re-doing his site." :o)

    By Blogger Kristina, At 1:43 PM  

  • Yeah. It looked really bad for a couple of hours. Oh well, I guess.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home