My Musings

Monday, March 12, 2007

Letters from Basic#7

February 14, 2007

Dear Sweetheart,

Happy Valentines Day! I love you very much and I am so glad that you are my valentine even if we are a long distance away from each other. You are most definitely the sweetest girl in the world. I hope that your valentines day is wonderful even though we are apart. I wish and pray that you would be happy. I love you!

I slept great last night. I didn’t have to get up for an hour of guard duty last night, so I got to sleep straight through the night. Granted I had to get up at 3:30 A.M. to start my day, I still feel great.

I should get a good night of sleep again tonight. I was supposed to have guard duty buy my shift got canceled. A bunch of guys decided to show up late to formation this morning. Their punishment was to perform fire duty for at least two hours tonight. Their extra hours bumped my schedule off the list. I like that!

I got my warm weather boots replaced today. They were cutting into my heel, the top of my foot and the outside of my foot. The man gave me a new set and now they fit great! Now I have a good pair of warm weather boots and cold weather boots.

Honey I look awesome in a uniform. When I stand up straight with nice ACU uniforms on and the words US Army across my heart, I look awesome! I can’t wait to see the look on your face when you see me. I love you!

With all my heart,

Nicholas


I am sorry that I didn’t post his address on the last two letters. His address is:

(RN#208) PVT2 Cardot Nicholas
D Company 3/330th INF
5550 Leonard Ave
Fort Benning GA 31905

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • If his basic training is like bootcamp in the Marine Corps, if we write to Nicholas today, he won't get his letters in time. It took 5 weeks for a friend to get my very first letter and he never got any more even though I wrote every week. :-(

    It's nice to hear how well he is doing!! Praying for you as I'm sure you miss him very much!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:30 PM  

  • I think that basic training in the Army is better about getting the soldiers their mail. I also have gotten every letter that Nick has written me.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 10:14 PM  

  • I am so glad that he is doing well!! I do hope that you are doing well too!!! Still praying for the both of you!!

    By Blogger CindyMae, At 1:35 PM  

  • Cindy Thank you for your prayers.We are both doing well and it is because of God's love and grace for us.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home