My Musings

Monday, March 12, 2007

Letters from Basic # 6

February 13, 2007

Dear Sweetheart,

I hope you know that I love you so much and that I pray for you everyday. I think of you all day and I miss you so much. When you see my on family day and graduation day, I will be in awesome shape. AWESOME!

We took pictures our pictures yesterday in our uniforms. I may have already told you. I ordered some items that came along with it. I ordered a photo CD, a year book for our class, a DVD of our class, and a few other things. Soon I will have pictures of me by the Flag just like Jarod has.

Speaking of Jarod, I have been bragging about him. If he reads this, I hope that he doesn’t get mad about that. I would like to know what medals he received when he was in the service.

Last night one of the drill Sergeants gave a motivating speech about the extremists. We were all shouting and cheering by the end of it. It is amazing the lever of hatred that some extremists have for America and Americans.

I have been memorizing a lot of material lately. I have memorized the Three General Orders, the Soldier’s Creed, and some other things.

I thought of something else that I would like for you to send me when I get my address. I would like a small New Testament that I can carry in my uniform with me.

Well as I draw this letter to a close. I want you know that I am having a wonderful time and I love you very much. I can’t wait to see you!

With all my love,

Nicholas

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I've never heard of basic training as a "wonderful time" but that just goes to show you the difference between the Christian and the unbeliever. It's all in the attitude :-) God bless!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:28 PM  

  • Marantha, I never thought that I would hear anyone say that basic training could be a wonderful time.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home