My Musings

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Only Five Days Remaining!

There are now only five days remaining until I leave for Basic Combat Training. Life as I know it will be turned completely upside down. Don't run away from our blog, however. I will not be abandoning it. My wife will be posting the letters that we send back and forth. I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and bought a box of envelopes and some loose leaf paper. My wife and I addressed all of the envelopes with her name and address and then inserted a peice of paper into each one. This way I will have less items to store and it will be a little bit easier to be able to write a letter back home. I hope to write at least one or two letters per week while I am in Basic.

This morning my wife is making me french toast for breakfast. My wife has got to be the best wife on this planet. She is the most smart, intelligent, loving, caring, and stubborn person that I have ever met. She is all of those qualities wrapped up into one beautiful package! I want to publicly state how thankful I am for having her in my life. Please pray for her while I am gone. She will need it. We got a bumper sticker that says, "Army Wife: Toughest Job In The Army!" That statement is probably true so please pray for her.

Its hard to believe that there are only five days remaining until I leave. I am very excited. I added another new header to reflect this new avenue of my life. You all will have to let me know what you think. I enjoy doing different things with graphic design and digital art.

God bless you all. Thank you for your support and prayers and don't be a stranger to us over here at The Watchman.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • definetly praying for you and your wife. It sounds like you are in better shape than 95% of the men I went through basic with. At least at the start. Gods speed Nick.

    Gary S.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:33 AM  

  • I am praying for you and your wife! I will keep you both in my prayers!

    By Blogger CindyMae, At 9:57 AM  

  • Thank you to both of you. We will certainly need all the prayer that we can get.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 10:28 AM  

  • Thank you both for you prayers. I am sure that we will need them in the days to come.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home