My Musings

Monday, March 12, 2007

Letter From Basic #5

Nick and I would like to thank all of you that have been praying for us. It is a blessing. I have watched God bless in the past month. There are days that it seems so rough and I feel that we will never be together again but, then I get a letter from my husband and I almost feel that we are together.

I hope that you all enjoy reading his letters. At the end of these letters I will post his address. If any of you would like to write him he would welcome the letters. Please include your return address on them or else they will not be received. May God bless you all.

February 12, 2007

Dear Sweetheart,

I love you more today than I ever have. You are so wonderful and beautiful. I love you more than you could imagine. I think of you all day, everyday. The thought of seeing you on graduation day drives me to do more and to do better.

I am having a great time today. After our day was over, we came back to the barracks to shower and to hit the rack. A few of us decided to do a few pt exercises before we go to bed. We then tried to do some square pushups. A square pushup is where four men get into the shape of a square by placing their feet on the upper back of the other guy. We were setting up for it when Swanson accidentally kicked me in the jaw and gave me a bloody lip. It was pretty funny. Don’t worry honey, I’m fine!

I have been showing off your picture to my buddies, and a couple of the guys have been showing me pictures of their wives and girlfriends. One guy showed us a picture of a girl that he claimed was his girlfriend. The picture was cut out with scissors from a year book. She was the prom queen in their school, and he is less than desirable. I guess what I’m saying is…..that we didn’t believe him.

I can’t wait to introduce you to some of the guys. Some of them are real swell. I sure love you and look forward to holding you again soon.

With all my heart,

Nicholas

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Continuing to pray for your dear husband and for you! It sounds as though he pumps himself up to do better because of the thought of you seeing him at graduation! That's quite a man you have there!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:27 PM  

  • Thanks for your prayers for my husband.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home