My Musings

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Letter From Basic # 1

It has been about three weeks since my husband left for Basic Combat Training(BCT).I have received several letters from him and apologize for the delay in getting them posted for all of you to enjoy.

The first letter that I received was dated February 8,2007 and this is what he wrote:

Dear Sweetheart,


I am having the time of my life. I arrived at Ft. Benning last night at midnight and that was when the fun really began. We began processing immeadiately: signing documents, dental checks, uniforms, and a thousand other things. They decided not to let us go to the barracks to sleep. Instead, they kept us processing. Needless to say, I am quite tired and yet I am still having lots of fun!


We went to the PX today, which is basically a mini-military style Wal-mart. We had to buy new running shoes and a whole bunch of other things. I can hardly believe the amount of money that I spent, but all of the items were required. They said the money would be deducted from my first paycheck.


The guys love to complain. Everything that we do, someone is complaining or whining about something. I also got my immunization shots today. I received two shots in each arm and one in my posterior. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.


I sure miss you a lot and I can’t wait to see you at the end of May. My level of respect for Christians in the military has gone up a notch. No one has said anything negative in the slightest to me about praying before meals and about reading my Bible. Maybe it is too early to tell.

With all my heart,


Nicholas

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Oh, I was so glad to hear from him!! I bet you are elated!!

    By Blogger Rita Loca, At 5:29 PM  

  • Jungle mom I am elated to hear from my husband with every letter that I receive. As I receive more letters I will post them.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 5:45 PM  

  • I'm so glad to read these letters! What a blessing! I'm praying for him as well as you! You must miss him so much!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home