My Musings

Monday, February 5, 2007

My Final Good-Byes

The church service last night was the last service that I will be attending here for a long time. Last night in church my pastor recognized me in front of the church. He had me to stand and asked everyone to be praying for me. He was very kind and his words were very encouraging.

After the service, having heard pastor’s announcement about me, several veterans approached me to wish me luck and to relate some of their stories with me. Attending a large church like I do, I have yet to meet everyone who is a member here. Several of these men I had not previously met, but I was very glad to meet them and to hear them share their testimonies of service with me. They all wanted to know where I was headed to and what I wanted to do. Their faces lit up with smiles as they shook my hand, wished me luck, and promised to pray for me. It was very encouraging.

I am told that during Basic Training, soldiers wait in hopeful anticipation during mail call. I know that I will be encouraged by any mail that I might get, and I have therefore been trying to rally all of my friends and loved ones to write to me while I am gone. Many of my friends have promised to write to me at least once or twice. Some of my friends have agreed to sit down with their girlfriends and write me a letter together with them. My wife has told me that she plans to write me several times per week. I believe her and I hope that she does.

I do extend my invitation for letters to anyone who may read this blog. Some of you are friends and family that I am able to keep in contact with via this blog. Others of you I met through this blog and I now count you among my friends. Whatever category you may fall in, I hope that you will write to me. I will receive my address when I arrive at my receiving station in Fort Benning, GA. I will call my wife with the address and she will make it available to you all.

My letters home will be posted on this blog for the world to see. I will not be able to respond personally to every letter that I receive and have therefore decided to post on the blog all of my letters back home. My wife will copy my letters verbatim (minus anything that is personal between us, of course) and post them on this site. I will respond to letters through this avenue of communication.

Yesterday afternoon, my wife and I and several friends watched the movie “Flyboys.” It was only produced very recently and is a fantastic tribute to the flying soldiers of World War I. It is based on the book of the same name by James Bradley. It is the true story of a squadron of American airmen who went to Europe to join the war even before America joined the war. If you are interested in military history and have not seen this movie, I highly recommend it.

My wife and I want to extend our thanks to every one of you for your kindness and support of us. She will probably be very lonely over the days to come and needs all of the prayer she can get. I know that I have probably sounded like a broken record on this point over the past few days, but I don’t think that I can emphasize enough how important prayer is in the life of a Christian. Please pray.

I will probably not be posting anything tomorrow before I leave so this is going to be my final post and my final farewell. After this post, only letters to and from Boot Camp will be posted.

Thank You and God Bless You All!


In Christ,

Nicholas Cardot

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

  • I know that I have not been coming to your blog for very long, but know that I am truly thinking of you and your wife and you are both in my prayers daily. I will continue to make sure that you are in my prayers daily as well. I will be thinking about you both during this time while you are away at boot camp. When things get tough, just keep in mind that God is always there with His gentle arms wrapped around you and His will be done!!!

    With Love In Christ,
    Cindy

    By Blogger CindyMae, At 11:53 AM  

  • Thank you Cindy. I just noticed that I have not placed a link to your blog and have decided to do so. God bless you and thank you!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 1:42 PM  

  • I know that you will have time to read the Word of God and pray since that is what I did most of my free time, which was at night or during fireguard. Remember Ephesians 5:10-11.

    By Blogger NoHayNada, At 1:57 PM  

  • Yes. I Will. Thank you.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 2:08 PM  

  • Wow! I'm sure it was a very moving service at your church. Our family is thankful for you and all others who have given of their lives to serve this great country of ours.

    By Blogger Courtney, Jer.33:3, At 3:34 PM  

  • God bless you for serving our country! US Soldiers have a special place in my heart and in my prayers! Hooo Raaahhh!

    By Blogger Reforming Baptist, At 4:21 PM  

  • We will be praying for you both and may The Lord Bless You Both.

    By Blogger Christopher Cline, At 5:06 PM  

  • Thank you all for stopping by and thanks for the support and prayers!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 5:16 PM  

  • wow dude. i had no idea. let's keep in touch via each other's blogs. God keep you safe! blessings.

    By Blogger nakedpastor, At 9:27 AM  

  • Thank you all for your prayers and your support.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 1:16 PM  

  • God Bless you!

    By Blogger Teacherbug, At 11:44 PM  

  • God bless you as you go forth to serve our country! I am so proud of you, even though we have never met. Kind of crazy huh, how we can make friends through blogging! Psalm 121

    By Blogger Unknown, At 4:05 AM  

  • Thanks for your support of my husband. We appreciate all of you that have said you will be praying for us. May God Bless you all. As soon as I get a letter and an address for my husband I will start posting them.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 9:43 AM  

  • I just to say God bless you and your family. Your in my prayers and my heart.
    http://www.freewebs.com/friendsareagift

    http://www.freewebs.com/friendsareagift2

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home