My Musings

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Only Three Days Remaining!

The countdown is getting lower every day! I leave on Tuesday!

I have chosen not to post any Watchman Awards today. I will not be able to post any for the next several months so I decided to just cut them short today. My blog will, however, be updated with letters and updates as to my training status. Just because I am headed off for training doesn't mean that you all need to be strangers around here.

I have also been very excited to learn that I have been promoted on the Google page rank system from a zero all the way up to a one. In case you are wondering, the Google page rank is a system that Google uses to determine how valuable a website is. It is a scale from zero to ten based on the number of inbound links and the number of visitors. When a Google search is performed, the sites with the highest page rank will probably appear at the top of the results list. I am very excited that Google actually recognizes my website. That is 100% thanks to my readers and supporters.

Last nigt I had a date with my wife. It was our going away date and it is going to be our last date for quite a few months. We had a great time at Applebees and a five star hotel. We had a lot of fun! The photos attached to this post are of the hotel where we stayed. We stayed up pretty late talking and goofing off. The only downside was that there was no hot water in the shower at the hotel. Because of this we just decided to wait until we got home to shower. We only live about ten miles or so from the hotel so it wasn't a very big deal.

Wow. Only three days left. I can hardly believe it. I have been working hard and am as well prepared as I think I could be. I've spent time praying, talking to veterans, reading books, excercising, and anything I could think of to prepare myself. I have a lot of friends who have promised to write to me while I am in Basic. I hope that they all do and I hope that some of you who I have met through the blogosphere will be kind enough to write me a letter while I am in.

I can't say enough how much my wife and I will be needing your prayers. I don't know what its like to be away from her for this period of time, but I know that it will not be pleasant. Please especially pray for her. I know that this will be especially difficult on her. She is a tough one. She's built as emotionally strong as they make girls these days but its still going to be hard on her. And understandably so. I told her that my biggest apprehension about joining the military was her wellbeing while I was gone. I told her that I would not join unless she completely believed in it. We prayed and we both agreed. Please just pray.

Thank you and God bless each and every one of you!

In Christ,

Nicholas Z. Cardot

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

  • I understand why you are no longer posting the Watchman awards. I have too admit that I was looking forward to your picks for one more week.
    Honey last night was a lot of fun. I enjoyed turning my cell phone off and not worrying about anything that was going on around us. Dinner was great, i enjoyed staying up late talking and goofing off. I think that your comment about the hot water was exaggerated just a little. There was hot water but it didn't get as hot as you like it.
    I know that I am pretty strong emotionally but I think that the separation is going to be tough on me. However according to Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." All I need to do is continue trusting God and I will get through. Thanks to all of you that have promised to pray for us. We appreciate your prayers and may God bless you all.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 2:05 PM  

  • I might have exaggerated a little bit, but it wasn't very warm at all...in my opinion. Lol.

    We'll make it.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 2:06 PM  

  • Y'all are and will be in my prayers. Maybe Diane should start a blog of her own and share what is going on in her posts. Plus...maybe she will have things the Lord may show her while you're away that can be of help to other ladies in her shoes. Just a thought.

    By Blogger Sis. Julie, At 6:10 PM  

  • She will be posting all of our letters to and from basic. Also, I am trying to talk her into posting some of her own thoughts and ideas on the blog. I really like the idea of us working together on the blog and am actively trying to get her more involved in it. She certainly would have some good insights to share with friends and other women.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 7:11 PM  

  • Sis Julie,
    Thanks for your prayers and support. I think that for now I will just post on the Watchman. As my husband has already mentioned he has been trying for a couple of months to get me more involved in his blog. I am praying that the Lord will allow me to be a help and encouragement to other ladies in my shoes. Maybe someday soon I will start my own blog. I think that I will wait until my husband is able to help me set one up. Since he is the handyman with computers.May God bless you and your family.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 7:28 PM  

  • I am so glad that ya'll had a great time on your going away date! I am sure that you will miss each other very much. Just know that I am and will conitue to pray for you both. I will not be a stranger either, will look forward to hearing updates about you!

    By Blogger CindyMae, At 8:59 PM  

  • Thank you...I look forward to creating things to update about.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 9:03 PM  

  • Enjoy these days together for they are precious. For those of us who have had to spend time seperated from our spouses, theyare difficult, but you will so appreciate each other when you do get back together. Diane, you may find a need to express some things while your husband is gone. we will listen. God bless you both!

    By Blogger Rita Loca, At 9:19 PM  

  • Jungle Mom- I will enjoy the last few days that we're together. We have been apart and I know how much I appreciated spending time with him when I saw him again. I am sure that this will be the same way. Only this time it will be for a longer period of time. I am sure that I will have things that I need to express while he is gone. Thanks for offering to listen. I appreciate it. Sounds like I can learn a lot from you about being separated from a spouse. May God bless.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 11:30 PM  

  • You all are so sweet! I'm happy you were able to make a special memory before Nicholas has to leave. I will visit here often to check the status of things. May God bless you two during this time apart. May you feel His loving arms round about you!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 12:39 AM  

  • You both will be in my prayers. I'll be back to visit this blog.

    By Blogger Teacherbug, At 2:12 AM  

  • Pam,

    You can't use words like sweet around here. You are messing with my manly ego. No. Just kidding. Thank you for the kind words.


    Nicole,

    Prayer is about the most important thing that we will need. Thank you so much for praying for us.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home