My Musings

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Only Six Days Remaining!

Friends and Fellow Bloggers,

There are now only six days left until I leave for Basic Combat Training. I am very excited. I have been taking and completing several military coresspondence courses via the internet over the course of thse past few days. As a result of some of the work that I have done and the score I received on my PT (Physical Training) test, I have recieved my first promotion prior to even shipping for Basic. I am now an E-2 which is a PV2 or Private Second Class. This means that I will get an extra $254 per month for having completed that work.

Neither my wife nor myself have to work between now and next week. We are taking the time to go on some extra dates and spend some extra time together before I leave. On Saturday night we went to T.G.I. Fridays and yesterday we went to Golden Corral. We are going out to Applebees this Friday night and one of my friends will be taking us out to the Longhorn Steakhouse on Saturday night. Also, another friend gave us a gift certificate to stay one night at the Four Points Sheritan, a five-star hotel. We are extremely excited about that!

Most of our friends have been extremely supportive and are going far beyond what we would have imagined to encourage us and support us. There is a small group of people in our church who have been very unsupportive almost to the degree of being hurtful. I mean to tell you some people here have said some extremely disheartening things.

To each his own!

Well, may I express a great big thank you to all of those who have been supportive and prayful for my situation. Thank you!

In Christ,

Nicholas Z. Cardot

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • It is a shame that people whould feel that way.
    You know that we are behind you 100%

    Lord Bless.

    By Blogger Christopher Cline, At 7:42 PM  

  • Yeah. But you have to. You're family. Lol!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 6:09 PM  

  • good luck Nick and God will be with you and Diane.. praying always and get us ur address so we can mail ya as soon as u can talk to later...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:00 AM  

  • As soon as I arrive there, I will be given my address and told to make an "I have arrived safe" phone call. During that phone call I will give my wife the address and she will come and post in on the blog. You better write to me...or else!!!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 10:27 AM  

  • Chris thanks for your support big brother. I know Nick has already commented that you have to because you are family and all. I think that even if you weren't family you would be behind us 100%.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 10:48 AM  

  • Amansda-Thanks for your prayers. As soon as I get his address I will make it available for everyone.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home