My Musings

Monday, March 12, 2007

Letter from Basic# 8

February 15, 2007

Dear Sweetheart,

It has almost been a day since I wrote you last. I tried to call you on Sunday and found out that cell phones do not accept collect calls. I was disappointed when I didn’t get to talk to you. I can’t wait until I can talk to you everyday. I love you and I miss you!

Today was freezing cold. We had to wait in formation for over an hour and a half. Even with my long johns and my overcoat, I was unable to stay warm. They have us get in formation at 4:15 A.M. for a meal that begins at 5:30 A.M. It was very cold!

We got our dog tags today. SWEET. My dog tags are the only necklace that I ever had and probably will every will wear. I like this particular necklace though, because of what it represents!

We have a guy here who has been trying to get out of the military. First he tried to get a medical discharge by saying that his arm hurt. Then he tried to get out by saying that he was gay. He reminds me of Klinger from the old show called M.A.S.H. Klinger would wear dresses and everything else to try to get kicked out.

Another man simply said that he wanted to quit. The drill Sergeant made him stand up in front of everyone and shout that he was a quitter. I can’t quit, unless there is a major emergency or death in the family, I can’t quit. I love you and I thank you for your wonderful love and support. Thank you!

With all my heart,

Nicholas

P.S. I love you!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • I had to laugh about the Klinger comment :-) You've got a good man there!!! Praying for the two of you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:31 PM  

  • Diane I am so glad that nick has such a good spirit and is diong well.I am Thankful for his willingnes to serve our Country we will continue to pray for you and Nick.we love ya and God strengthen and keep you.

    By Blogger Felice Cline, At 4:58 PM  

  • Maranatha, Thank you for you prayers and your support.I have the best man in the world for my husband.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 9:34 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 9:34 PM  

  • Felice, Thank you for your prayers and support of Nick.We love you and your family. I will let him know that you are praying for him.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 9:47 PM  

  • I don't post very often but I've all these letters. May God bless you and keep you during this time...and someone send that boy a calling card.

    Josh
    "...the word of God is not bound."
    --2 Timothy 2:9

    By Blogger C.T. Lillies, At 12:34 PM  

  • Thats read as in, "I've read all these letters." Its like I don't type at all or something...

    Josh
    "...the word of God is not bound."
    --2 Timothy 2:9

    By Blogger C.T. Lillies, At 12:36 PM  

  • Thank you for reading my husbands letters. He has a calling card. Now it is just a matter of him being able to call home.Lord willing that will be soon!

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home