My Musings

Friday, July 27, 2007

Waiting...Another Day of Waiting

TombI called the man responsible for having my orders changed today and he explained to me why my orders have not been changed yet. Each day, he would submit my orders to be changed in order to assign me to the job which I have applied for in Washington D.C. Each day the orders would get kicked back. Finally, he called the people who kept kicking them back and asked what was taking place. They told him that they could not process my orders because I had already left Ft. Benning, GA. He told them that he was aware of that situation, but that he still wanted my orders to be processed. Understanding that the orders were supposed to go through despite my having left Ft. Benning, the people told him that they would put them through this time. So...he resubmitted my orders to be reprocessed today and told me to call back on Monday. 

I was supposed to receive my updated orders on Monday and have been told to "call back tomorrow" every day this week. I have been praying and I invite you to pray that my orders really would come through and that I would be able to join the 3rd Infantry Regiment at Ft. Meyer, Washington D.C. If this happens, I will be a part of the Old Guard, the group responsible for Funeral details, parades, ceremonies, and the guarding of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. This would be a great honor for me to be able to be a part of this prestigious group of men.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home