My Musings

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

On My Way To North Carolina!

This is my fourth week at airborne hold. I have sat here waiting to in-process for airborne school for nearly a month now. I have begun to wonder if this has become my permanent duty station. Perhaps I can serve out the duration of my four year contract right here in airborne hold on Sand Hill…I sure hope not!

I am guaranteed a slot this Friday to ship. Although I will be shipping from airborne hold on Sand Hill, I am hearing through the grapevine that I may get stuck in airborne hold over at the actual airborne school for another week. Hold…hold…hold! That will be a total of five weeks waiting to attend this school. Talk about backed up!

That’s alright with me. This is the easiest duty station I have yet to encounter and the easiest I will probably ever encounter. It is, however, quite boring. Every morning we do a thorough hour or so of physical training. We sprint, do pushups, do sit-ups, and do pull-ups. In this particular regard, we train harder than we did in Basic Training. Don’t get me wrong. We worked out in Basic, but they exercise the fire out of us here. They light us on fire. My friends who have already started airborne school say that their pt (physical training) isn’t nearly as hard as it is here.

Airborne hold certainly has its ups and downs.

I recently adjusted my contract from being an airborne Ranger, to being just airborne infantry. The Drill Sergeant who helped me make the changes also helped me to still get assigned to an airborne unit. A lot of people who change their contracts get assigned to a regular infantry line unit. Even though they are airborne qualified, they are assigned to a non-airborne unit. This was going to be the case for me, but my Drill Sergeant made some phone calls and now I am headed to the 82nd airborne at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Woo-hoo!

Anyways, I am trying to keep all of my loyal readers up to date with the happenings that are going on. Thanks again for stopping by and don’t forget to leave some comments and let me know what you’re thinking. God bless you!

Nicholas Z. Cardot

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • So you're going to Ft. Bragg. My husband's sister and her husband live in Fayetteville just outside of Ft. Bragg. My sister-in-law's husband is in the 82nd Airborne Div and is serving a deployment in Iraq at this time. He's been there since November and will be home in August for his two week R&R then go back till January. His name is Maj. Chris Hockenberry. I know that God can do anything and who knows....maybe you and his paths will cross and you can be a witness to him. He is unsaved. His wife is going to West Fayetteville Baptist Church and has made a profession of faith. They have a 2 yr. old little girl. Will your wife be moving to Ft. Bragg with you? I pray that God continue to bless y'all and encourage you both through this process as well.

    Sis. Julie

    PS...I was raised in the upper midwest and I like the unsweet tea...I raised on it and just cannot stand nor even get used to the sweet tea!! I'm sorry you have been converted...but I'm glad you are liking the south....I love it!!!

    By Blogger Sis. Julie, At 9:01 AM  

  • Glad things are going well for you!! It's nice to see your posts and what's going on in your life!

    My youngest is going to Marine boot camp on 7/22. :-) God bless you!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:07 PM  

  • Nick

    That is great to hear. Send me a line when you get to Bragg.

    You will love airborne school. Just remember feet and knees together. LOL

    Gary Stinnett

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:35 PM  

  • Julie,

    Thanks for the kind words. I am so glad to get to hear from you. Maybe I will get to cross paths with Chris.

    I suppose we can all like tea our own unique ways!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 8:30 PM  

  • Maranatha,

    God bless you and your son!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 8:31 PM  

  • Gary,

    Email me your contact info please.

    holas84@gmail.com

    Thanks,
    Nick

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 8:32 PM  

  • Good to hear things are going well! God Bless!

    By Blogger Teacherbug, At 1:31 AM  

  • Nicole,

    Thank you and God bless you!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home