My Musings

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Continuing Education

The week is passing by ever so quickly. So it goes when one stays busy. I have stayed busy so far this week in airborne hold in the office. I have been trapped in a dungeon this week. A prison with white walls and computers, I am tortured by the hum drum tone of Sergeants and Drill Sergeants who have nothing better to do than torture Privates. Ah…but such is my lot in life. I have chosen it and thus I shall continue.

On a more positive note, I have been able to register with the University of Phoenix in an effort to begin pursuing a Associates of Arts in Business. The Army will pay for the tuition for up to $4500 dollars per year. The University has programs set up just for military. I should be able to get my Associates in less than 21 months.

I have my Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts from Commonwealth Baptist College in Lexington, KY with an emphasis on Pastoral Theology. With the opportunity to obtain free education, I am pursuing a business degree. Of the degrees offered, I believe that this would be the most beneficial in a ministry situation. I want to take advantage of any opportunity for free education to better myself for any service that I might be able to render to my God.

I am excited at this new opportunity and I can’t wait to get started. Please pray as I begin this.

I have a lot more to tell, but not a lot more time to tell it. I have some stories to tell about some of the Privates that got in trouble this week. I have to tell you all about the church that I have been blessed to go to each week since I have been out of Basic Training. I have to tell you a lot of stuff.

Stay tuned…

Until next time,
Nicholas Z. Cardot

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • That is Great.
    Sorry I have not posted in a while I had some problems with my pc but it's back up and running.

    Lord Bless...

    By Blogger Christopher Cline, At 9:38 PM  

  • Congrats on continuing your education. Attending online is such an awesome opportunity. I am also attending online through a college in Florida. I pray for you through this journey.

    By Blogger CindyMae, At 3:53 PM  

  • Thank you. I will definitely pray for you also! Good luck.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 4:18 PM  

  • That's wonderful!!! Glad you're continuing your education Brother! Continuing to pray for you!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:17 PM  

  • Hi Nicholas,
    It was good to read that you are a man of God and I will keep you in my prayers. In addition to being your faculty member, I am an ordained minister. As you know, I am completing a Masters of Divinty degree (which will be my second masters)with the goal of teaching for a Christian organization. For now, I am blessed to teach for the University of Phoenix and Axia College. Although by law we can't speak of spiritual matters, they will be evident in all we do as our light shines for God. Be encouraged and I encourage all who are thinking of completing their degree program to do so. As I teach long hours online, this may be my only note here. I will leave you with this note: God is all love and in Him is no darkness. God is all powerful and never fails. God has brought you this far and will continue to lift you up, moment by moment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home