My Musings

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Javelin School

Having graduated Basic Combat Training this past Friday, I have been moved to an Airborne Hold unit. The barracks for this unit is just down the street from my Basic Training building. I am still living on Sand Hill (Infantry training ground). There are still so many rules and regulations that govern every aspect of my life. I am still in what is called “Initial Entry Training” status. The only reason for this is that they happen to be out of rooms at the Airborne Hold that is located on Main post. As a result, I am still bound by the curfews and such of Sand Hill.

Oh well.

In the meantime, I have been selected and enrolled in a Javelin Gunner course. The Javelin is a medium range, shoulder-fired, fire-and-forget, anti-tank missile system. It is basically an extremely advanced image-guided, shoulder-fired missile. It can do some major damage. We have spent the first two days, Tuesday and Wednesday, studying its functions in the classrooms. We are going to spend the remainder of this two week class performing life-like simulations. Woo-Hoo!

Thank you all for stopping by and thank you for your support for my wife and I during this stage in our life. Please remember us in your prayers and be sure to continue to stop by the blog here. God bless!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like things are going really great for you! Have fun blowing stuff up! LOL I am praying for you and your wife both all the time!!!

    By Blogger CindyMae, At 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home