My Musings

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Journey Of A Lifetime!

 Dear Friends and Bloggers,

Chicago's Sears TowerI left this morning at 7:00 AM and headed toward Washington D.C.  I pulled up my route on Google Maps.  It directed me through Chicago and onto Interstate 80.  It caused me to go through Chicago right at rush hour and it set me back a couple of hours.   I was in six lanes of bumper to bumper traffic for a couple of hours.  That's alright, though.  I love the city so I rolled down my windows and enjoyed the ride. 

I had a full tank of gas when I left my home town of Franklin Grove, IL, so I didn't have to fill up for $3.40+ a gallon in Chicago.  I was able to fill up later in Indiana for about $2.69 per gallon.  Woohoo!

Anyway, around 7:30 PM, I decided to pull up for the evening with just over two hundred miles left on my trip.  I pulled up in a Red Roof Inn and ordered a pizza from Dominoes.  I'll head out early in the morning and I will probably be able to make it to Washington by about 10:00 AM tomorrow morning.

I am so pumped about going to D.C.  I can't wait to get there.  I'll let you all know all about it as soon as I get there!

Thanks,

Nicholas Z. Cardot

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Im Jealous of that Gas Price.. :( I miss them good old days of $2.00 a gallon.. Owell God Bless Nick!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:00 PM  

  • I like DC...I might go there for Labor Day again. It's nice that I live only about an hour or so from DC. Hope your time in DC was nice!

    By Blogger Teacherbug, At 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home