My Musings

Monday, January 22, 2007

An Anti-American Email To Make Your Blood Boil!

Below is an email exchange between a soldier stationed in Iraq and a company that sells different types of mats. He was inquiring as to whether or not the company ships overseas. He wanted to get the troops better gear to sleep on. This is the company’s response. I am floored. Please repost this so that this company will hear us loud and clear that we do not stand for this. Whatever your view is on this war - these troops are just following orders. Most are passionate about what they are doing. You can disagree with the war without disrespecting our troops. I apologize, but I cannot with a clear conscience post the way that this makes me feel that someone would say things like this. It just makes my blood boil!

From: SGT Jason Hess
Sent: Tue Jan 16 3:25

Do you ship to APO addresses? I'm in the 1st Cavalry Division stationed in Iraq and we are trying to order some mats but we are looking for who ships to APO first.


From: contact@discount-mats.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:44 PM
Subject: Re: Feedback: from discount-mats.com

SGT Hess,
We do not ship to APO addresses, and even if we did, we would NEVER ship to Iraq. If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq.

Bargain Suppliers
Discount-Mats.com

7 Comments:

  • Babe, I cannot believe that a company in the USA would make a comment like this. As the wife of a future soldier and a friend of several soldiers I applaud you all for your willingness to continue fighting for our freedom. Everyday our soldiers are in harms way and they continue to lay their lives down for our safety and our freedom! This comment has made my blood boil. May we all stand up and speak loudly against people like this. God bless all of troops that continually fight for our freedom.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 5:01 PM  

  • Thanks for the heads-up on this story. I've now posted it on my blog too, Walking with the Giant

    By Blogger James Croft, At 5:55 PM  

  • I couldn't believe this when I read it either. I'd love to hear Sean Hannity have a go at this one!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:44 AM  

  • That is just aweful! I just can not believe the nerve of some!!!! Grrrr

    By Blogger CindyMae, At 9:33 AM  

  • It is very awful to hear/read comments like that from that company. I'm a soldier been trained here in Augusta, GA and reading these kind of comments does make me see how unthankful people can be because of the protection that the ARM FORCES provide to our bless country.

    By Blogger NoHayNada, At 1:36 PM  

  • Hey man,

    Killer new header on your blog! No pun intended It's cool.

    By Blogger Reforming Baptist, At 6:57 PM  

  • Thank you all for your comments and for the links back to this article.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home