My Musings

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Settling In and Meeting The Neighbors

I apologize for my lack of consistent posts.  It has been difficult to allocate time to the pursuit of blogging in the midst of the chaos of moving across country.  My wife and I continue to appreciate the prayers that many of you have offered on our behalf.  We happy to express that we are in the finishing stages of making this our new home.  Praise the Lord!

After moving just over 550 miles, we are finally beginning to get all of our stuff settled in.  We have painted the apartment, organized our furniture, put away all of our laundry, and cleaned the apartment from top to bottom.  We have spent the entire week unpacking and cleaning and have made great progress.  100_0717I hate white walls in my apartment, so we have made a lot of effort to paint everything to make it look more comfortable.  Attached is a picture of my living room.      

We have also been able to meet the neighbors.  The man below me is a Tomb Guard which means that he works for The Old Guard guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  The man who lives next to me works for The Old Guard in Charlie Company.  The man who lives below me and guards the Tomb works for Echo company.  I work for Alpha Company of the Old Guard.  All three of us work for the same people, though...The Old Guard.  We do not work far from one another.

I go back to work on Tuesday.  I have loved not having to work for a while.  It has been such a relief to have a few days off.  I have loved spending the time with my wife.  I have loved setting up my apartment.  I have loved relaxing and sleeping in.

Come Tuesday, however, everything will change.  I will once again begin awaking at 5 o'clock in the morning.  I will hurry off to work early enough to watch the sun rise over the horizon.  I will do physical training.  Oh yes, the mornings do come frightfully early.  I suppose I will just have to go to bed earlier.

I will run from office to office taking care of financial issues, transportation issues, and maybe even some medical issues.  Paperwork.  Bureaucracy.  Military Life.  I will try to finish my transfer work this week.  It shouldn't be difficult.  Pray for us.

Thank you and God bless!

Nicholas Z. Cardot

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • It is good to hear that you had traveling merices while moving and good to hear your settled in and like your new home. We were real happy to have you home Diane for those short hours and glad to see for it may be a long while before we see the two of you again. We will to continue to pray and we all love you guys keep on serving him because he truly blessing the two of you. Love Chris,Felice and family.

    By Blogger Felice Cline, At 6:41 PM  

  • So glad that everything is going well for you and I am sure that you and your wife both have enjoyed the time you have had together, even though it has been working very hard! I am still praying for you and pray that this transition is easy for you both.

    By Blogger CindyMae, At 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home