My Musings

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Christian and a Patriot

I came across this picture the other day.  PIC_0111_314As I looked at it, I began to think how that I would love to have my life be a living testimony of the beautiful objects found in it.  A Bible and Old Glory!  A Christian and a Patriot.  Blood Bought and Free in the home of the brave! 

I have caught a lot of grief over the fact that I am a member of the United States Army.  Most of that grief has come from people who I go to church with.  I understand that people discourage Christians from going into this type of work because of the negative influence that you face being a part of it.  I understand as well as anyone (I'm in it) the difficulties of maintaining a walk with God in this environment.  I also understand, however, that when God calls you to do something, he equips and enables you to keep yourself clean and pure for Him.  He gives you the ability to do what is right and to be a shining light for His glory!  I only pray that God will continue to use us in that way.  I long to be used of Him in whatever capacity that God calls me into.

I wish that more good Christians were influencing the men in the military and in politics...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • Col. Runey, retired Army, became the Headmaster of Portsmouth Christian Academy. He took a tiny fledgling school and turned it into a massive college-like campus.

    Be not afraid of the training you will receive in the Army. If you remain as faithful as he was, God may use you in any fashion He desires.

    Check out the school website here.

    http://www.pcaschool.org/

    By Blogger Howard Fisher, At 11:27 PM  

  • Praying always for you Nick and Diane... God will greatly use you both to His Honor and Glory.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:00 PM  

  • Thank you to both of you for your comments. I hope that some day and now I will be able to use the training that I receive in the United States Army to further the cause of Christ!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 9:09 AM  

  • I am very glad that you are in the service. My husband is a third generation Marine and I feel that if a young man is committed to Christ he will be ok and stronger when he gets out.
    just my two cents!

    By Blogger Rita Loca, At 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home