My Musings

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Words of Encouragement from a Fellow Soldier

Hello everybody and thank you all for your support of my husband in this new venture. If you haven't already guessed, I am Nick's wonderful, fantastic wife.

I recently told one of my friends who has been in the Military for 13 years that my husband joined the Army. This is the email that he sent in response to the exciting news.

Diane,

Great to hear from you. That's good news about Nick. As long as it's the will of God, You and Nick will be fine. Yes, separation is tough but you can do it. Just remember that it's only temporary. What does he want to be? If he is going to Ft. Benning for training I can guess he is in the infantry.

This will be a major change for you and there will be things you will have to get used to. After his training is complete, you will move to a base somewhere. My advice is to live off post if it is possible. Katy and I just liked being in our own place away from work...you know what I mean. It's great having a regular pay check and full medical benefits. This will come in handy when it's time for the baby. :)

I just want you to know I support you and Nick all the way. Katy and I will always be here to talk to and help you. You will make a great Army Wife! You can do it!

It is not only the husband that serves our country but his wife also. Keeping things going great on the home front and keeping the marriage fire hot is your part in this. It is critical for him to know that everything is good with you and the home. He will have enough to worry about especially during this time of training. Believe me Diane, I know its tough being away from the one you love, but it's for the service of our great country and to ensure all of our freedoms. The Lord has been good to Katy and I over these last 13 years we have served together. I can't imagine life without Katy. She is everything to me. Her support and unending love and care for me has gotten me through all these years.

Thank you both for your service to our country and God bless you.

Aaron

Labels:

12 Comments:

  • Thanks, babe. You are definitely the best wife in the whole world. Thanks for the great post and for all the suppport and love! I love you!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 5:50 PM  

  • Hello,

    You don't know me but I found you through my brother's blog, The Reforming Baptist. I just wanted to leave you a comment since I'm an Army wife as well and wanted to give you guys any encouragement that I could give. My husband and I are stationed at Fort Jackson in Columbia, SC and he is finishing his officer's training in three months. He was previously in the Airfoce for four years and decided to transfer to the Army this past October Will you be stationed in SC or NC? I know most basic training is done in these posts.

    Anyway, I just wanted to say welcome to the gang. If your wife ever needs to talk, I'm always available. It can get lonely at times so I would like to extend a welcoming hand!

    By Blogger Gracey, At 9:45 PM  

  • I will be going to Basic Training in Fort Benning, Georgia, actually. I am headed for infantry school so there sending me to Georgia. She could certainly use any support she can get at during this time.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 10:43 PM  

  • Gracey,

    Thanks for welcoming us to the Army family. I read your blog the other day and saw that you were an Army wife. I will definitely take you up on the offer to talk later on. Especially once my husband leaves for basic. God bless you.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 10:50 PM  

  • That is such an awesome email and filled with such great support! Thanks for sharing!

    By Blogger CindyMae, At 11:06 PM  

  • Diane,

    I think its awesome that you are so willing to yield to God and stand by Nick. No doubt this will be a difficult journey for both of you.

    Anthony
    Journey Through Divorce

    By Blogger Anthony, At 1:11 AM  

  • Cindy,

    I agree. It is great to have so many friends who support us and pray for us!

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 8:34 AM  

  • Anthony,

    Thank you. I am sure you are right. I can barely imagine being away from him for as long as I will we will be apart. This will be difficult. Thank you.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 8:35 AM  

  • What an awesome post! Who is that wonderful friend you have encouraging you? I bet he's made someone an awesome husband!

    We love you two & are very proud.

    By Blogger Katy, At 5:17 PM  

  • Ha Ha Ha. Hey what can we say? We got friends in high...er...I mean cool places.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 7:17 PM  

  • Katy, very funny! He has made someone an excellent husband and that would be you! Thank you both for your friendship,love and support through out the years.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 11:57 PM  

  • By Blogger menna, At 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home