My Musings

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Heaven and Hell: The Road To Paradise

The following is a poem that took me several years to complete. Yes, you read that correctly...several years. I wrote the first two verses when I was a sophomore in High School and followed up with the last two verses after I was in college. I certainly hope that it doesn't bore you all to read another poem. I hope that it can be a blessing to someone. Please let me know what you think.

I dare not speak, I cannot tell,
The way of man that leads to Hell.
The flames so fierce with such great woe,
TO such a place why would one go?
In that wretched place there is no light,
'Tis forever trapped in eternal night.
Where one is bound with fetter and chain,
Engulfed in fire that brings such pain.
Where in the distance one may ream,
The undying mobs unending scream.

I dare to speak, I can but tell,
The way of man that leads to Hell.
The path of a man that leads this way,
Is a life of sin, many people say.
A life of murder, lies, and rape,
As a child of some prehistoric ape,
Of life like this surely one will pay,
But 'tis not all that leads this way!
But 'tis the path of a life that's trod,
Alone! Alone! Apart from God!


I dare to speak, I'm compelled to tell,
The way of man that leads from Hell.
A place called heaven with a golden shore,
To such a place with wonder galore.
In that great place 'tis forever light,
Where I'll see my Christ with perfect sight.
Where one is free from sickness and pain,
Englulfed in wonder and eternal gain.
Where one may hear throughout the days,
The undying saints unending praise.

I dare to speak, I'm compelled to tell,
The way of man that leads from Hell.
The path of a man that leads this way,
Is a life of goodness, many people say.
A life of service, love, and prayer,
A saintly life that's filled with care.
Of life like this surely one will thrive,
But wil not cause us in Heaven to arrive.
But 'tis the path of a life that's trod,
Saved! Saved! With a trust in God!

By Nicholas Cardot

Labels:

17 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Teacherbug, At 10:07 AM  

  • *note: I deleted the first one beacuse of some typos :)

    Wow! That was a blessing to read. What a God-given talent you have. Reading it reminded me of getting saved and yet it reminded me of the loved ones in my life still needing salvation. Thank you for sharing it.
    God Bless!

    By Blogger Teacherbug, At 10:09 AM  

  • Excellent poem ,Bro. Continue to exercise your gift. Our Lord will use you for the edification of His people.

    By Blogger Garry Weaver, At 3:56 PM  

  • Awesome! Keep it coming!

    God Bless!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:59 PM  

  • Keep up the good work brother.
    Lord Bless.

    By Blogger Christopher Cline, At 6:15 PM  

  • Thank you all so much for your wonderful encouragement! This blog is developing into such a blessing to me! And it's all your fault! Thank you.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 7:23 PM  

  • Great poem. Keep it up.

    By Blogger Karen, At 7:44 AM  

  • That is a very good poem Thank God one day we will see our Savior face to face. God Bless YOu as you continue to serve him.
    Bro TIm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:57 AM  

  • Fantastic poem! You have great talent!!

    By Blogger CindyMae, At 9:27 AM  

  • That is a great poem!! God has truly blessed you with a way of putting words down through poem. What a blessing!! There is a powerful message in that poem that I pray many will read.

    By Blogger Sis. Julie, At 10:07 AM  

  • Thank you all for your wonderful support. I am so thankful that God allows me to be a blessing and an encouragement like this. Thank you all and God bless you!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 10:21 AM  

  • Kate, thank you for your kind words. I have been overwhelmed at the amount of positive feedback that I have been recieving. Here I thought that nobody liked poetry anymore!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 2:12 PM  

  • "The flames so fierce with such great woe,
    TO such a place why would one go?"

    I have often wondered this same thing. I just don't understand why a person wouldn't turn to the Saviour by just simply believing.

    ~Kristi

    By Blogger Kristi, At 1:01 AM  

  • Wow!! Another great poem! You truely have a talent in that area. Keep it up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:28 AM  

  • Thank you, Kristina.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 1:44 PM  

  • Honey this is an excellent poem. God has truly given you a talent. May you continue to use it for his glory.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:29 PM  

  • Thanks, babe.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home