My Musings

Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Watchman Awards #6 – The Best of 2007

Thank you all for your wonderful support and encouragement since the inception of this blog. My readership and daily visits has been growing faster than I ever imagined. I mentioned last week that I was trying to compete against a rather unusual site at BlogTopSites. After making that mention, this blog has remained far ahead of the aforementioned competition. Thank you.

Be sure to tune in this coming week and in the weeks to follow. I have a lot of material that I hope to cover in the near future and some major announcements that I will be making public sometime quite soon. During the first few days of this coming week, I will be posting a series on the Holy Spirit and his work in the lives of believers. Please don’t tune it out and think that it does not apply to you. Every person, regardless of age, sex, occupation, or any other factor, needs the Holy Spirit to be actively working in their life.

Towards the end of the week, I will begin a series on blogging. That’s right. I will be posting a series of articles covering some of the things that I have learned since I began blogging. I am always looking for ways to improve my blog, and most of the people whose blogs I read are doing the same. In this series, I will be posting tips and ideas on how to create a successful, growing blog. I will be covering information relating to content, quality, blog layout, feeds and subscriptions, comments and dialogue, how to get blog ideas, and much more! Don’t miss it!

The weeks seem to be absolutely just flying by. It seems that I just launched the Watchman Awards yesterday when in fact it has now been six weeks. Thank you all for stopping by and I hope that you enjoy this weeks Watchman Awards.

1st. Unashamed Workman: The Case for Preaching (Part 1) – “We’ve all heard the criticisms. From the subtle jibe, ‘the preacher went on a bit this morning’ (which persists no matter how short the sermon gets) to the blatant diatribe, ‘preaching is an outdated form of communication.’ It seems that despite all the advances in 21st century education, attention spans are shorter than ever. Moreover, in an image conscious culture people cannot deal with an onslaught of words. Apparently. But this blog - and an increasing number of evangelicals - takes a different view. We believe on the basis of Scripture that there remains a place for preaching. A pre-eminent place.”

2nd. An Heir of Grace: Women in de Military – “I grew up in a mi1itary family, I joined the m1litary when I was 19, and I married a career m1litary man. I have known many excellent active duty m1litary women in my lifetime who have been poster ladies for w0men in the m1litary. In jobs where physical strength is not a component in performing a the job well, I think women can and do perform on the job as well as, if not better than men. All that said, over the past several years I have come to think that America’s m1litary would be stronger if it was void of women.”

3rd. The Reforming Baptist: True Believers – “The Lord Jesus was constantly challenging people who were following Him to be His disciples indeed! He would teach parables that had to do with the Kingdom of God and those stories taught about who was in and who was out. It was pretty suprising how many people would show up to a Jesus meeting when there was free food and miracles, but when Jesus told them to take up the cross and follow Him, the multitudes instantly disappeared. Well, I don't want any of our people to disappear, but I don't want people attending once a week, dropping $5.00 in the plate, going home and thinking they are good Christians, or that they are saved when they may not be. One of the worse things you can do in a Fundamental Baptist church is to cause someone to doubt their salvation, yet it was Jesus Himself who ripped the facades off of cold religion to reveal to those who were not really saved that they had every reason to doubt their salvations.”

Labels:

15 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Courtney, Jer.33:3, At 10:35 PM  

  • I'm looking forward to your series on blogging. I'll be looking forward to your helpful tips. I really enjoy visiting your site each day.

    By Blogger The Good Reporters, At 10:37 PM  

  • I will begin a series on blogging

    Looking forward to this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:39 PM  

  • Thank you all. I have a lot of topics that I hope to discuss in this series. I should have this series begun by the end of the week.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 10:53 PM  

  • Looking foward to it.
    Lord Bless.

    By Blogger Christopher Cline, At 11:52 PM  

  • Good. I hope I don't disappoint.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 2:28 AM  

  • Nicholas, I hardly think that post of mine was worth mentioning, but thank you very much for the second place ribbon :o) I suppose I better get to work on finishing the follow-up.

    Like the others, I look forward to your thoughts on blogging, as I've been at it for a couple years and am still not that good at it. I'm all ears!
    Blessings.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:43 AM  

  • Yes you better. I am definitely looking forward to the follow up on this article. I will probably go back and edit this post so that it links to both parts when you get it finished.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 9:33 AM  

  • Looking forward to your blogging tips .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:50 AM  

  • Looking forward to reading the watchmen awards this week. I am especially looking forward to the 2nd part of Donna's post.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:31 PM  

  • I am looking forward to the second part of her post, also.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 1:28 PM  

  • I thought the post on w0man in the m1litary was very interesting to read. I have thought on that subject some myself.

    By Blogger Courtney, Jer.33:3, At 5:03 PM  

  • It is interesting. I look forward to reading her sequal.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 5:19 PM  

  • I'm looking forward to your tips etc...on blogging. I still have ALOT to learn.

    By Blogger Ethel, At 7:37 PM  

  • All of these comments are getting me psyched up about posting these tips!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home