My Musings

Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Song for Sunday #1 - The Winning Side

I have noticed several other blogs posting a hymn or a gospel song on Sundays and I have decided to follow suite...at least for a while. This first song in my series is a beutiful tribute to the wonderful, matchless grace that God has shown to this unworthy sinner. I struggled in my sin to find a place in this world until Jesus came along and shed his love abroad in my heart! He took me from a position of loss and heartache and placed me in a brand new family of love and victory. He placed me on the winning side!

Once I drifted out in sin, had no hope nor joy within
And my soul was burdened down with pride (with sinful pride)
Then my Savior came along and He showed me I was wrong
Now I know I'm on the winning side (the winning side)

Chorus:
Well I am on the winning side, Yes I am on the winning side
Out in sin no more will I abide (no more in sin abide)
I've enlisted in the fight for the cause of truth and right
Praise the Lord I'm on the winning side. (the winning side)

From the straight and narrow way I was drifting every day
Out upon the waters deep and wide (so deep and wide)
But it all is over now, glory light is on my brow
And my soul is on the winning side (the winning side)

I will never have a fear for my Lord is ever near
And in Him so often I confide (in Him confide)
He's the keeper of my soul since I gave Him full control
And He placed me on the winning side (the winning side)

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • That's a GREAT song!!!! It's good to know if your saved you're on the WINNING SIDE!!!

    ~3 sisters

    By Blogger Three Sisters Blog, At 5:25 AM  

  • I agree. I love this song for so many reasons!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 8:05 AM  

  • I may copy the idea over to one of my personal blogs (posting a hymn each Sunday).

    Thanks Nick!

    Anthony
    Journey Through Divorce

    By Blogger Anthony, At 8:35 AM  

  • Thanks to you Anthony. I just stopped by your blog and left you some comments. Have a good day!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 8:56 AM  

  • I, too, am glad to be on the winning side! Reminds me of a poem I posted a while back that's found here: http://seasoningsoftheheart.com/?p=28.
    Thanks for visiting my blog, and leaving comments!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:26 AM  

  • That is a very good truth about how God has taken us from the depths of our sin and placed us on a whole new footing. Your poem is very good. Thank you for the link to it.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 1:12 PM  

  • I have always loved that song! One of my favorites!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:46 PM  

  • Me too, kristina.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 5:16 PM  

  • Praise the Lord that the day I trusted him as my savior he placed me on the winning side! I love this song and fing myself singing it several times a week while I go about my day.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 10:09 PM  

  • I find myself singing it often too, and I am not a pretty singer. It is an awesome song and an even more awesome truth!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 7:15 AM  

  • We sang that song many moons ago with some of our cousins. Also, the church we attended before moving used it as a choir special.

    By Blogger Courtney, Jer.33:3, At 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home