My Musings

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Is America A Christian Nation?

This is a popular question among many circles in the United States. Many secular historians are vehement that our founders were Deists or even outright opposed to Christianity. Christian historians push forward ideals that are the exact opposite. Which is the truth?

In an epic effort to answer that question from a truly historical and well-studied position, I have added a new section to my website entitled "Historical Documents." This list of documents can be found under the resources tab, which I have come to call the heart and soul of this website. I will be posting famous historical documents that make reference to the religious nature and the religious freedoms intended by the early American republic.

Rather than simply pushing my own belief, which I am sure most of you who are reading this can probably guess, I will push the actual history and let you come to your own conclusions. This can be a great resource to those working on essays for school, those doing independent research to strengthen your faith, or for those with an open mind who want to know the truth.

I began by posting the landmark Supreme Court case from 1892. In this opinion, Church of the Holy Trinity v. The United States, the Supreme Court of the United States claims emphatically that this is a Christian nation! They cite pages upon pages of American precedents and history.

Although historical documents may be considered difficult reading, this is a great resource and should be considered priority reading for any Christian Patriot!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home