My Musings

Friday, May 30, 2008

The Friday Funnies

A young boy walked up to the preacher and said, "When I grow up, I'm gonna give you a whole bunch of money."

"Well that would be awfully kind of you," the preacher replied, "but why would you do that?"

"Because my daddy says that your the poorest preacher he's ever heard!"

_____________________________________


I was at a Methodist church last week and I saw a red phone with a sign that said '$50.' I was curious so I asked what it was. They explained to me that it was a phone in which you could speak directly to God. I paid the fifty dollars and sure enough I had a nice conversation with God.

The following week at my Baptist church I saw a red phone with a sign that said 'Free.' Again curious, I asked what it was. The preacher explained that it was for talking to God. "Why is it free here, but fifty dollars at the Methodist church?" I asked.

"At the Methodist church it is long distance!"

_____________________________________



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home