My Musings

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Addicted To God (Part 3)

How Bad Do You Want God To Do A Work In Your Life?

My question for you today is, “How bad do you want God to do a work in your life?

There are two types of desires:
  1. Flippant desires- where we would like to have something but aren’t willing to allow our life to change in order to get it.
  2. Life changing desires- where we would be willing to do anything to fulfill that desire.

A desire is only as strong as the action it produces.

When I ask you how bad you want God to work in your life, I am not asking how much you feel like it would be a neat thing. I am asking how much your life is being transformed by the thought of God being real in your life. How much of your time is consumed thinking about God? How much of your time is consumed reading the Bible? How much of your time is consumed praying? How much of your time is consumed fighting against sin? How much of your time is spent feeding the desire to have God in your life or don’t you? Do you just spend your time living for the flesh and feeding the desire to live for the world and feeding the desire to do those things that oppose the very nature of God!

You see when you get a real desire to have God do a work in your life it goes beyond saying it with your lips and your tongue. It will transform your behavior. That’s the type of desire I’m talking about today. A desire is only as strong as the action it produces!

Life IS A War Of Desires

I’ve learned that often life is a war of desires. Paul said in Romans 7 that he often desired to one thing, but found himself doing something else. We desire to do right for God, but we desire to do wrong in the flesh.
“For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do…. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.” ~ Romans 7:19,23
An old Indian chief once said that there are two dogs fighting within him. One dog is good, pure white dog. The other is bad, pitch black dog. A young Indian asked the old chief which dog would win the fight. The old Indian replied that the one whom he fed would win the fight.

You say that you desire to have God do a work in your life…..But do you actually feed that desire. You say that you want to enjoy the blessings of God….But do you actually feed that desire and live for him.

To Be Continued Tomorrow...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home