My Musings

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Joshua's Strength and Courage

"Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses."
~ Joshua 1:3

Joshua was a man of strength and valorGod made some pretty big promises to Joshua. Every place that Joshua went, God said, would come to belong to the nation of Israel. As a result of that promise, Joshua set out to conquer as much as he could. This journey required Joshua to exercise some very strong faith in the face of certain losses. Joshua lived an amazing life of spiritual strength and courage. And as a result, Joshua was able to see some remarkable victories that only God could bring. Joshua would have missed out on a lot of blessings if he had not pursued these promises with the fervor and intensity or faith that characterized his life.

It causes me to wonder what kind of things God may want to do in my life if I, like Joshua, will just keep moving forward. I need to be actively marching forward in the will of God. I need to be actively claiming the promises of God. Just like in Joshua's life, if I am faithful to do these things then God will send the victories!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • What an encouragement.What will God do in my life if I just keep moving forward? Thanks for the encouragement.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 7:13 AM  

  • Good. It was just a thought that I wrote down from my devotions the other day and I thought that it would be nice to share it with everyone out here on The Baptist Muse.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home