My Musings

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What's So Great About America by Dinesh D'Souza

A statement...Not a question!

What’s So Great About America by Dinesh D’Souza is an amazing, eye-opening book. It is, in my opinion, a must read for any patriotic Christian. Any Christian who wants to truly understand what America stands for and what it actually means to be patriotic should definitely consider looking into this book. I am very thankful that I took the time to read it last week.

The one predominant characteristic that I found as I read this book was that the author was not afraid to discuss difficult issues. In fact, some would consider some of the issues discussed in this book as downright taboo. However, from a conservative and intelligent standpoint this man attacks issues with the truth. D’Souza discusses in detail the truth about racism in America. He repeals the popular myths about Islamic terrorism and brings to light a refreshingly honest look at the men behind this modern war. He discusses several of the anti-American schools of thought until you gain a deep understanding for their hatred for the American society and culture only to logically and systematically tear them apart. He discusses what it truly means to be “American.” He covers many other subjects with an astonishingly easy-to-read method of writing.

I enjoyed this book more than I can say. The author’s amazing ability to nail hard subjects without apology from a conservative perspective was astounding. He isn’t afraid to state the truth regardless of how politically incorrect it might be. He stands his ground. His writing style combined with his own personal experiences make this book incredibly easy and enjoyable to read.

Keep in mind, however, that this is a secular book. It is filled with truth and with sound principles about America, yet there were a few, and only a few, instances in which the author revealed his non-Christian perspective. Don’t shy away from the book. Read with Christian discernment and I am convinced that it will be an eye-opening blessing.

I highly recommend it. Two thumbs up!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • I am currently reading this book. What i have read so far is very informative and I am looking forward to finishing the book this week.

    By Blogger Diane Cardot, At 6:39 AM  

  • Thanks for the review. I am always looking for more books.

    By Blogger Rita Loca, At 4:29 PM  

  • I promise that this book is well worth the read. My pastor recommended it to me and I am very glad that I took his advice and read it!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 5:25 PM  

  • I have heard the author interviewed and wondered whether to buy and read the book.

    Now I know what to do.

    Thanks!

    By Blogger Joe, At 6:30 PM  

  • I had actually never heard of him prior to my pastor recommending it to me. Where did you hear him interviewed and what was it about?

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 6:54 PM  

  • Hey Nicholas! Welcome back, How long have you been back to blogging? Last year, when I was first starting to blog, I came across you and then you had to leave for training. I'm so happy to find you again, via a comment you left at Jungle Hut.

    I love reading anything by Dinesh.Thanks for the review so others will know!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 3:21 AM  

  • I left for Basic Training in February and I finished basic training on May 25 and that is when I began blogging again. I also missed the month of October due to a four week training class that I was at and some missions immediately surrounding that class. Also the switch to my own domain name probably threw a lot of people off.

    Also, what other books have you read by Dinesh? I would love to find other good books by this other.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 4:33 AM  

  • Everybody keep in mind that you can join the Topsites section of this website and you will be able to post a great big banner linking back to and advertising your site for free! Be sure to check it out!

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home