My Musings

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Is Evolution A Science Or A Religion?

I have long believed that Evolution was more than just science, and that it is rather a religion. The imperical evidence that proves evolution is a fact of science simply does not exist. Some have even ascerted that if you weigh the evidence on both sides of the Creation-Evolution debate that it would take more "faith" to believe in evolution than to believe in Creation.

Although I don't have the time to get into a detailed discussion on the subject, I would like you to consider this excerpt from an article by a history major at the Kennesaw State University.

"World-famous evolutionist, author, and historian of science Michael Ruse came to my campus last night and presented a lecture I was very anxious to hear. Entitled “The Evolution-Creation Struggle: A Very American Story,” the lecture traced the history of evolution and its relationship to Christianity, particularly in America.

"Ruse’s most interesting point—a very surprising one, in my opinion—was that Creationism/Intelligent Design and evolution are both religious movements. The two “religions” involve rival eschatologies, rival origin stories, and rival moral codes.

"This was not a new idea for me, but I was highly surprised to hear an ardent evolutionist pushing the point. I mean, how often do you hear a defender of Darwinism claiming that evolution is a religion?" Jamie Kiley

"Proponents of the theory of evolution would do well to admit that they believe in evolution, but they do not know that it happened the way they teach. They should call evolution their "faith" or "religion," and stop including it in books of science." ~ Dr. Kent Hovind

For more information on the subject, I would highly recommend that you follow either of the links above. The Jamie Kiley article is very well written and Dr. Kent Hovind's web site is a terrific resource for gigabytes of information on the Evolution-Creation debate. I have never seen a more thorough archive of information on this subject than at his site.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home