My Musings

Monday, December 11, 2006

The Watchman Awards #1 – A Pursuit of Greatness

On the sidebar I have provided a list of links to what I consider to be some excellent blogs. I am, however, continuously seeking to find other great blogs. I utilize Google search, Google blog search, Technorati, and, of course, I follow the links on my friends’ blogs. I am constantly looking for original, well-written blog entries throughout the blogosphere. Sometimes, this is a difficult task.

To assist in this effort, I have decided to add a new segment to my blog entitled, “The Watchman Awards – A Pursuit of Greatness.” This weekly segment will be a look back over the past week’s blogosphere in an attempt to specifically recognize those who have contributed the greatest blog posts.

It is during this segment that I ask for your help. I beg of you to please submit your comments on this post, letting me know what you think of the entries listed and suggesting what you believe to be the best blog entries for the coming Watchman Awards. If you have read something that you have greatly enjoyed, been moved by, or was just very well written, please let me know. Also, if you know of a blog that you feel is of an excellent quality that I do not have listed in my list of links, please let me know. Thank you in advance for all your help and support.

And with no further ado, I proudly present to you the Watchman Awards – Week #1.

1st. Jack Hammer: Prank Calls - “When it comes to The Call to full-time ministry, we get some seriously goofy ideas. Almost always, the silliness takes root in the notion that God calls through feelings. Slick evangelists aggressively recruit young people in Youth Conferences around the country, massaging the emotions until, bingo! The teen gets The Call. And we’re all amazed at how God works…”


2nd. Fundamental Perspective: Is Music Really Worth Fighting Over Anymore? – “I am not arguing for a particular position on the issue of music. I am not seeking to sway anyone to my “side” of the music debate. I am arguing that we ought not be dropping music off the discussion table, and certainly not off the study table! Music is still worth examining!”

3rd. Big Orange Truck: Sanctified or Just Sleep Deprived? – “There seems to be a notion, popular in certain segments of Baptist Fundamentalism, that sleep deprivation is a means to holiness. Honestly…I don’t get it. I do appreciate a good tired feeling – one that comes from an honest day’s work. But I hate chronic fatigue. Hate it.”

P.S. In the future, I will try to post the Watchman Awards on Saturday.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home