My Musings

Saturday, March 1, 2008

The World-Famous Watchman Awards

I created this nice eye-catching Watchman Award logo a few weeks ago for the sole purpose of praising those who have gone above and beyond the call of duty in their blogging. Maybe I should nickname this award as The Congressional Medal of Blogging. Then of course I would have to lobby congress to back this worthy initiative and although I am quite confident that they would whole-heartedly support it, I don't want to have to deal with that hassle. Anyways, anyone listed in this article is the recipient of the nearly-world famous and greatly-sought-after Watchman Award! Feel free to reproduce this logo on your own website to let the world know that you are such a fantastic, outstanding blogger!

I have found some really interesting articles and series of articles this week as I have been reading through all of your blogs. I have especially been noticing some very funny content that has been very entertaining. For example, over at "You Think Too Much" by Bro. Jeff Voegtlin, there is a humor series that he has been posting on this week that is just hilarious. He has been filling it with some short, one-paragraph stories that will just have you rolling on the floor laughing. He has entitled this segment the "Stupid Series." Without trying to steal his thunder, let me just post one on here and then you need to head over there and check out the rest!
A mother calls 911 very worried asking the dispatcher if she needs to take her kid to the emergency room, the kid was eating ants. The dispatcher tells her to give the kid some Benadryl and it should be fine. The mother says, I just gave him some ant killer…..

Dispatcher: Rush him in to emergency room!

~ Stupid #9
by Jeff Voegtlin at You Think Too Much
On another note in the topic of humor, be sure to check out this week's "Saturday Morning Cartoons" over at Rita Vernoy's Jungle Hut. She posted some great political humor in the form of some great images. She has a very nice montage of Sen. Clinton making some of her 'presidential' faces. There is also, of course, the wonderful tee shirt that I have posted here. You can get one of these and let the whole world know about your support. or lack thereof, for Hilary Rodham Rodham Clinton. (Isn't that how Al Rushbo always says it?)

In fact, generally speaking, The Jungle Hut is a great source for entertaining stories, informative news, and just great content. Since I'm on the subject, let me throw out one more link to an article on her site. She recently posted an article entitled "The Religion of Peace Kills Another Christian Worker." She writes in this article about the tragic execution of an American missionary in the nation of Afghanistan. That's right. You heard me, or rather, read me. American controlled Afghanistan!

As a finishing note, I found a couple of very thought provoking articles at two blogs that I really enjoy reading. Let me share them with you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home