My Musings

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Watchman Awards

Hello! And welcome back to another episode of The Watchman Awards. Allow me to spread a little-link love to some excellent articles this week.

A Few Comments On Commenting

Before I get started, please note the new graphic that I have added to the sidebar just above the recent comments section. You will see a puzzle of The Baptist Muse logo with one piece missing. You, my friends, are that missing piece. When you leave comments, feedback, discussion, and even debate and disagreement, you complete The Baptist Muse. Please leave your thoughts. They mean the world to me and they are important for other readers. Thanks.

Shocking California Court Decision

First, there is has been a shocking court decision in California this week that challenges the rights of parents to home school their children affecting over 155,000 Californian home-schooling families. Rita Vernoy at her blog, The Jungle Hut, has written a great article entitled Home Education in which she thoroughly covers this issue. Please check it out to really grasp what is going on in this situation.

The World-Famous Watchman Awards

Now let me share with you a few of the articles that I have especially enjoyed this week. If you check them out, I am sure they will be a blessing to you.
  • Go Forward - This article posted at Julie's Jewels is a challenging call for Christians to forget their pasts and to overcome their fearful ideas so that they can continue a forward climb through life.
  • Auto Repairs 101 - This post is a challenge to return to the Word of God for our instruction manual for life.
  • Dirty Wounds - Dirty Wounds at Life of a Soldier's Wife is an amazing analogy drawn from a lesson learned from wounds received in the Iraq war. This article creates a great spiritual application.

Guest Bloggers at The Baptist Muse

I would also like to make sure that you have all taken notice of the guest bloggers that have been kind enough to share their thoughts with us. If you haven't already done so, please stop by these articles and leave these folks with your comments and feedback. Let them know that we appreciate them here at The Baptist Muse. Thank you to all of you who contributed this week!


Let's Tickle Your Funny Bone

Check out this great quote from presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama. I don't know about you, but this is exactly what I am looking for in the next leader of this nation.
“My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you’ll join with me as we try to change it.” — Barack Obama

Also, here is a FedEx commercial that I love!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home