My Musings

Friday, October 27, 2006

Ironic Reaction To Pope's Statement About Muslim Violence

I was just thinking about all the news about the Pope's comments last month. I found an article that discusses it briefly and reminded me of it.

"Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached" ~ Pope Bendict XVI

These were the words of the pope last month. The following notation is a quote that I found that makes me and any other open-minded, thinking American sick! Scratch that...you don't have to live in America to be sickened by these comments. In fact, I bet there are many Christians who live in Muslim countries today, who have to hide "underground" for fear of Muslim retaliation against them just for being a Christian, who can vouch for the idiocy and audacity of this bold faced lie!

'The Pope's expression of regret is welcome, even if there is some doubt as to whether it goes far enough to soothe Muslim sensibilities. Several burnt-out churches and a dead nun have, we must hope, taught him a painful but necessary lesson. Any utterance which can be interpreted as implying that Islam is an intrinsically violent religion is as unwise and unhelpful as it is incorrect.'

Am I the only one that sees the irony in the whole situation? The pope makes a statement claiming that Islam is a violent nation and they lash out killing nuns and burning churches saying that they are not violent! Come On! Somebody out there wake up to the maddening of the global community.

I did not hear one word about the ironic display of the Islamic hatred toward the pope, but every media outlet from here to the moon was quick to point the finger at the Pope. But then...he is considered a Christian isn't he...And I guess it would be politically incorrect to publicly say something positive about a Christian!

So in that regard, if you weighed right and wrong based on the amount of positive and negative media coverage an event reveives, the Pope's words were much worse than the Muslim's murders!

2 Comments:

  • Wow, that almost makes me laugh (not the sad situation but the irony of that statement).

    I once heard a story about a little boy who was in trouble for hitting his brother.

    He explained "Mom, he's lying, I didn't hit him and if he doesn't stop tattling, I'll hit him again."

    Anthony
    Journey Through Divorce

    By Blogger Anthony, At 1:50 AM  

  • Yes. That is funny.

    By Blogger Nicholas Z. Cardot, At 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home