Wow! The countdown is getting extremely low!
Today my wife and I are going out on a very hot date! We are headed out to Applebees (her absolute favorite resaraunt), and then we are headed off to the Four Points Sheritan (a five star hotel) for a nice relaxing night away from home. I have really been looking forward to today.
Lately I have been working on some correspondence courses via the internet. These correspondence courses are free through the military and, who knows, they might even give me a few promotion points some day down the road. I have taken several leadership courses and have tested out of some Math and English courses. Last night I completed the Self-Aid/Buddy-Aid course and am now working on another advanced Military English course. The picture at the right is of me sitting at the computer in our bedroom while working on these courses.
Beginning late Wednesday night, the comments link on this blog began to not work. I assumed that blogger might be having some troubles and decided that I would just wait until morning. I figured that by then they would have it fixed. They didn't. I sent an email to blogger support and within about six hours they had replied to my email and fixed the problem. For a free service, I am pretty happy with their customer support. I said all that to say this...I apologize to anyone who may have tried to access the comments page anytime during Wednesday night or the first half of yesterday. I'm sorry and thank you for sticking with us!
And now for the Friday Funnies! The following is a brief explanation as to why Men are happier than women!
1. We keep our last name.
2. The garage is all ours.
3. Wedding plans take care of themselves.
4. Chocolate is just another snack.
5. We can be president.
6. We can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives, on December 24, in 45 minutes.
7. Car mechanics tell us the truth.
8. We have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.
9. We never have to drive to another gas station because this one's just too icky.
10. Same work, more pay.
11. Wrinkles add character.
12. Wedding dress - $5000; tux rental - $100.
13. We can "do" our nails with a pocket-knife.
14. The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected.
15. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle our feet.
16. One mood, ALL the time.
17. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
18. We know stuff about tanks.
19. A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.
20. We can open all our own jars.
21. We get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
22. If someone forgets to invite us, he or she can still be our friend.
23. One wallet and one pair of shoes, one color, all seasons.
24. Everything on our face stays its original color.
25. Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.
26. We don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
27. The same hair style lasts for years, maybe decades.
28. We are unable to see wrinkles in our clothes.
P.S. #6 totally sums up my Christmas shopping experience!